Saturday, 10 January 2015
What is actually Salubrious Living.... By Brothers Ivan and Mihael
When you look at Fourteen principles of Salubrious Living you will notice only one of those principles talks about diet, and that is the second one. Then why are we always talking about Salubrious Living like it is some kind of thing related only to fruitarian diet? That is so wrong, because as you may know Salubrious Living is about Sound Mind in Sound Body in sound Society in Sound Environment, not about ''sound diet''. Many people focus themselves on diet part of SL, those who don't like us do that intentionally to distract people from it and show us as some fruit eating fruitcakes, and those who are into Creativity are obviously missing the point if they think it is solely about diet. Only small part of it is about diet, and that part is of secondary importance actually.
There are the 14 principles of Salubrious Living, and we will try to briefly explain them here and show the true nature of it.
1. We believe in living in accord with our human biological heritage and in harmony with the Laws of Nature.
This one is general and needs no explaining.
2. This means eating fresh wholesome food in its natural state as Nature has given it to us. It must be unprocessed, unpreserved and not tampered with in any other way. This further means it must be organically grown, without the use of chemicals.
This is the one about food diet so we won't be talking about that one now.
3. Availing ourselves of a clean, wholesome environment of fresh, unpolluted air; clean water; and the beneficial therapy from the direct rays of the sun, every day.
It speaks about importance of preserving healthy environment, unpolluted air, water and ozone layer (Sound Environment).
4. Some form of strenuous physical exercise several times a week.
It generally says it's important to exercise your body, remain vitality. (Sound Body)
5. Rest and relaxation, both mental and physical, including sound and efficient sleep.
It says that body, and both mind in order to be healthy need good relax and sleep, instead exhausting yourself (Sound Body and Sound Mind).
6. A form of recreation that is gratifying to our sense of accomplishment.
It means that we should combine physical activities with some sort of sporting competition, we see it that way at least, giving yourself sense of accomplishment. (Sound Body and Sound Mind).
7. A sense of purpose, security and confidence to fuel our goals for accomplishment and living the good life. We must have goals and we must be motivated.
This is the same as 6 but this time as a general rule in life - self accomplishment (Sound Mind).
8. Deliberate self-mastery of our life and our work.
It refers to the same thing as number 7. (Sound Mind)
9. Gregarious living within the framework of our CREATIVE religion, our White society and social intercourse with our White Racial Comrades. We are social animals.
Speaks about building healthy white society. (Sound Society)
10. Healthy expression of our sexual instincts.
It’s obvious what this one says, no need explaining there (Sound Mind, Sound Body (no std's) and Sound Society (no queer parades)).
11. Living in a pleasing and healthful environment.
Similar to number 3. (Sound Environment)
12. We do not believe in the use of any "medicines", drugs or chemicals as having any healing or therapeutic value. In fact, all medicines, drugs, narcotics and chemicals are poisonous and toxic to the human body. Furthermore, and for the same reason, we do not believe in the use of vitamin, mineral, or enzyme supplements, nor the use of artificial food coloring, preservatives, nor refined or fragmented foods.
It speaks about various poison that we take and we shouldn't use them (although we still think some medicines are beneficial, especially if they are made from natural sources, like herbs, and in some cases with heavy infections we don't think body could survive without antibiotics, for example meningitis, but there is certainly tones of unnecessary toxins that we use). (Sound Body)
13. We strongly believe in the practice of fasting as the best means of ridding the body of accumulated poisons and toxins. We are convinced that fasting is the most natural and effective means the body has of overcoming all forms of disease, and restoring itself back to health.
This one talks about fasting as method of cleansing your body, something people have used since ancient times. (Sound Body)
14. Living in, and promoting a eugenic White society. This means that we take particular care in not only assuring the perpetuation of our precious White Race, but we take deliberate care that the misfits are culled and that each generation advances to higher and more salubrious levels, physically, aesthetically and mentally.
This one promotes eugenics. (Sound Society)
To conclude, SL is only partly about diet, and only small part, but for some reason that is most common topic for people when referring to it. Salubrious Living is actually about using various methods to enhance physical fitness, mental capabilities, making our society healthier for future generations, and securing our one and only environment upon we all depend. That is what Salubrious Living is all about - Sound Mind in Sound Body in Sound Society in Sound Environment.
Salubrious Living for us means a healthy way of life, not only healthy food or any other thing particularly. That's why it has word "Living" in itself. Many people separate nutrition from other aspects of life, and this is very much wrong for us. Nutrition is part of life and if you are eating good food and taking drugs, alcohol, or sitting all day, etc., you are damaging yourself.
Good nutrition is only one part of much greater thing, a part of life.Every one of us has specific metabolism, and of course it’s functioning in many ways. We think that almost every person can live long without meat, only if he/she wants to. Living without meat is ok, but you don’t need to force yourself to do it, you have to want it. Also one big mistake is that without meat you cannot get every nutrients you need - WRONG! Of course you can!
Only thing you have to do is organize yourself and read and learn as much as you can. There are many studies and experts that will be against this way of nutrition, but there are also opposite ones. You decide for yourself what you think and if you are curious person, you can try some things for some period. If you don’t like it, fine, but you tried some thing that is not necessary bad for you and it will not damage your body. No one is forcing anyone to eat what you don’t want, you decide for yourself.
There are still many things that are doubtful regarding human's diet. Klassen was right in many ways there, but we still think he may possibly be wrong about certain things about human diet, because we are product of evolution, and as such our diet also evolved in a certain way during last few thousands of years. We must always have in mind that Salubrious Living program is still not 100% fact, and that's why we always prefer to make a distinction between basics of Creativity and Salubrious Living.
Our diet still may be up to debate, but everything else that Klassen wrote about race relations, about the way nature functions and about how we will survive or perish if we don't live according to nature's laws is a fact. That is also one reason why Salubrious Living is not mandatory for Creators.
Even Ben Klassen had to admit that we don't know enough yet; part of a quote from WMB Creative Credo No.7:
"But I want to add that the study of nutrition........is still in its infancy, and much study and research need still be done to refine the art for our future full utilization."
Until research proves what the perfect diet for the White Race is, we think the most important thing is that we keep ourselves healthy and fit.
By Brothers Ivan and Mihael
Dec 41AC (2014)
Originally published in IMPERIUM # 14
The Creativity Movement Online Magazine